Monday, January 17, 2011

Seemingly Unimportant Decisions (SUDs)

I waste so much time online.  I am a faster, I believe in prayer and fasting.  I have seen some amazing things happen during a time of prayer and fasting and so I decided to fast my social networking sites.  Usually when I make up my mind to do something I can more times than not stick to it.  So it feels effortless, not checking my facebook or twitter accounts but then I find other things to do online like bookworm or reading blogs. 

The whole point of prayer and fasting is not just to fast something but to replace it with prayer.  I have failed miserably.  I know God's grace is unending and He sees my effort but what am I depriving myself from by not being totally and completely sold out for God not just during a time of fasting but with my all the time? What is playing 30 online games going to add to the substance of my life or reading blog after blog (although interesting) going to change the way I live?  I do believe you can learn from others and I feel that I have learned from reading some blogs but the main One I want to learn from is getting a secondary place in the priorities of my life as I say to myself just play for a few minutes to quiet your thoughts or as I follow blogs about absolutely nothing that has to do with my life but I am just nosey and like to see what other people are doing. 

But God wants to know what I am doing.  He wants me to know what He is doing and really that is what I want.  I want dialogue with Him.  Spending 30 minutes with Jesus will quiet my brain in a way that book worm never can.  Being nosey about what God is up to will change my life in immeasurable ways.  I am getting better yet I still have a long way to go and I just ask Jesus to help me because I apparently will continue to make seemingly unimportant decisions daily that lead me further and further away from the greatest adventure I could have in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment