Sunday, January 16, 2011

Grace

I feel like I am having a ADD moment.  I have so many thoughts of things that need to get done I am not sure where to begin.  This is when the overwhelming feelings take over and I have to practice what I preach.  Take one day at a time....one moment at a time if necessary.

I was thinking earlier about how easily I allow one person to shake my world.  I thought I had out grown caring what people think or the trying to please everyone phase.  But as I am on this new journey, in this new place in life, I find myself reverting back to old behaviors, old insecurities.  This unfamiliar territory has me hyper vigilant about what people around me are thinking about me or have I offended someone or even at times asking myself 'I wonder if so and so likes me?' If that is not insecurity roaring its ugly head I don't know what is! 

So since I know that my mind is being renewed and I am aware that these thoughts are not of God, I then say aloud Ephesians 1:11a out of The Message It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for.  At the end of the day, I want to know who I am in Jesus and the purpose He has for my  life.  I don't want to be paralyzed by thoughts of wondering if someone (who is probably...no IS, as screwed up as I am) likes me or not or was offended by something I said or did.  I have a purpose and it would be a shame if I let some lady I hardly know and apparently has no desire to know me stop me from doing what I was put on this earth to do.

The other thoughts running through my head tonight (this morning) are in my commitments to serve.  I just realized I have overbooked myself and I am torn between equally important commitments.  If I were to have help both could be accomplished but what  I have realized is that when I made this commitment I did not ask God about one little iota of it! Now I am seeking His help and saying if it is Your will, You will work it out.  But He did not get me in this situation I did.  I had pledged, this year, to live by the scripture Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will make your paths straight.  So now my question is although I am the one who made the path crooked is it too late to give it to Him (acknowledge Him in my ways) so He can make my paths straight?  And then I become encouraged by this song I just recently heard by Point of Grace:

Chorus:
There is no valley, there is no darkness
there is no sorrow greater than the grace of Jesus.
There is no moment, there is no distance,
there is no heartbreak He can't take you through.
So before you think that you're too lost to save,
Remember there is nothing greater than grace.

So even if I might have made the paths crooked there is absolutely NOTHING I can do that when I turn to Him and say ok I have screwed up, I acknowledge You, please make my paths straight....guess what?  There is nothing greater than the grace of Jesus and for that I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment