Thursday, January 20, 2011

Rules

We started small group tonight.  I am a rule follower but I am learning God has His own set of rules and we have to learn to be pliable because we never know where He is going to take us but we will never know if we are bound to earthly rules. Don't get me wrong I know the scripture render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God.  I am not (hopefully) a law breaker (there are so many laws you really never know) like I am not going to blatantly break the law or even the rules of humanity.  Rules that keep us safe and laws that keep us civilized but I mean rules that state small group should be facilitated a certain way because that is what has worked for the leaders in the church but what if the dynamics of the small group that is together now is completely different than any small group that has been facilitated in the past.  AND what if the facilitator is completely different than facilitators in the past.  Isn't if God's group anyway and shouldn't we rely on how He wants it to be led and what topics He wants to come out and be healed through His word.  I want to follow the lead of the Holy Spirit and if the leading has nothing to do with the leader's guide but God's presence can be filled all throughout the place, I will follow God's rules any day of the week.  I think leader's guides are extremely helpful but I know God's leading ultimately trumps any guide.  I pray that I am not making this up but it is truly the will of God to set new rules and boundaries and that He remains all through this small group this season and its not about any one person but what ever good and perfect plan He has for all of our lives!  

No comments:

Post a Comment