Thursday, January 13, 2011

Plan of Action

After only getting four hours of sleep last night (probably less than that) I expected this day to be arduous, tumultuous, long.  However I found it to be invigorating, blessed and full of lessons.  I have been on this journey for almost 6 months now and when I began this journey as all journeys begin, I had a plan of action. 

I like plans of action, so much so that my eight year old has been using that phrase for years because we use it in my household to get stuff done.  But what I am learning and although I have read it out of Proverbs a hundred times during my quiet times, is that God laughs at the plans of man.  God has His own plans for me.  Tonight I was reminded that God knows the plans He has for me.  Plans for good and not for evil to give me a future and a hope.  I like it best out of the Message where it is translated as God saying "I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!"  (Jeremiah 29:11)

I think I often make God small and I forget that He knows what He is doing. God's ways are higher than my ways, His thoughts are higher than my thoughts and He freakin knows what He is doing. 

If the plan of action I created 6 months ago had worked my life would be completely different right now.  It would look exactly the same as it did last year.  Maybe different picture in the frame of the person I may be dating, the kids are older, I am still tired.  But nothing, if my plan of action had worked, would really be different.  But walking in God's time table and in His perfect plan for my life.  My life looks completely different.  However, I guess if you were an outsider looking in you might not notice a change.  No picture in the dating frame, the kids look older, I am still tired.  But something is changing on the inside of me.  I am different.  I see my kids differently.  I see me differently. 

And so I am inclined to say hmmmm He knows what He's doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment