Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Faith

This morning I woke up thinking I really do not want to do absolutely one thing today...but I am so glad I did not allow my flesh to win and moved on with my day.  I talked to some really intelligent and beautiful people.  I hung out with this cool chick.  I went places and read things I would have never imagined I would have went or read willingly.  Today was a surprisingly good day. 

The thing is God has many good days in store for me, I just got to move my feet and put some action with my faith.  I am memorizing scripture this year as part of the Beth Moore SSMT (you can get more info at the LPM blog).  The first scripture I memorized this year was even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone (James 2:17).  Today was proof of that.  I can believe God and have faith that He is turning my situation around all day long and all night long but until I actually get up and put one foot in front of the other that is all I am going to have is faith....I got to have some works behind my faith.  Not that there is anything in myself that can change my situation, if that were the case it would have been changed long ago.  But I have learned that me taking matters into my own hands often times does not get the results that I was hoping for.  But when I let God handle it the situation always turns out way better than anything I could have ever hoped for or imagined.  But I got to move. 

I remember hearing a preacher/teacher say once that until the Israelites put their feet in the Red Sea, did the Red Sea actually part on their behalf and they were able to see their path clear as day.  That is the same thing that happened to me today...until I move, even if I can't see where I am going, God has already opened doors and parted seas on my behalf but I got to put my feet in the water.  One foot in front of the other and eventually I will see a clear path.  Faith without works is dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment